Glances works seamlessly with Gmail. With Gmail, Glances allows you to see email threads from any app or webpage or to see connected app data directly from Gmail.
To connect Gmail:
- From glances.com/app, click Connect on the Gmail app tile. (If you don't see the Gmail tile, you can quickly add it by clicking + under My Apps.)
- Enter your login credentials for the Gmail account you'd like to connect.
- Click Allow giving permission for Glances to access your Gmail.
Once connected, you can search for Gmail email threads within the Glances widget. To make changes to the data that displays, you can edit your Glances at any time.
Gmail Gets Disconnected
If you are experiencing issues keeping Gmail connected within Glances, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Apps within glances.com.
- Click the Gmail icon.
- Click Edit connection.
- Click Delete connection and confirm you would like to delete.
- Navigate to https://myaccount.google.com/permissions.
- Select the Glances app and click Remove Access along the right (Note: Confirm you are logged into the correct Google account which was used to connect to Gmail.)
- Return to Glances and re-connect using the steps at the top of the page.
No Results Appear
If you have searched and no Gmail threads appear, you may consider if one of the issues below applies to you:
- If you only have Gmail or other non-people apps (such as Asana or Google Drive) connected, are you searching by email address? In situations where you have no people-based apps connected, you will need to search by an email address.
- Are you searching for someone who has emailed you? If the person is shown as a cc or bcc of the email, they will not appear when searched. Only emails from a searched record will appear.