Airtable is a spreadsheet-database hybrid, with the features of a database but applied to a spreadsheet. The fields in an Airtable table are similar to cells in a spreadsheet, but have types such as 'checkbox', 'phone number', and 'drop-down list', and can reference file attachments like images.
When connecting Airtable within Glances, you will:
- Navigate to My Apps within your Glances dashboard and click the app's gear icon. (If you don't see the app you need, you can add it.)
- Click + to add a Team or Personal Connection.
- Enter your Airtable API key which can be found by following the steps here.
- Enter your Airtable Base ID, which can be found by selecting one here: https://airtable.com/api. This will begin with the letters 'app'.
Additional Settings Required
Once you've connected your Airtable instance, you'll need to edit your Glance to select a Target Table, Table ID, and/or Lookup Table (depending on your needed Glance). You can do this by editing the Airtable Glance using the steps below:
- From glances.com/app click My Apps.
- Scroll to your Airtable Glances and click the gear icon along the right.
- Fill out the required steps and click Done.
If you need more insight into the Airtable IDs, view this article for reference.
Glances currently offers 2 Glances for Airtable. You can find them and their descriptions below:
Airtable List of all Table records - Found within My Daily Glances, this Glance will provide you with a list of all the rows of a specific table.
Airtable list of Table records based on a Lookup Field - This Glance will provide you with list of records from a table based on a lookup table. For example, if you have a Customers table and a Products table and you would like to see all of the Products purchased by a specific customer. In this scenario, the Customers table would be the lookup table.